Project Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

School

Go down 
+8
Sherrasaur
RacinPope46
Akurtz`
Sethy Bear
NightHawk0085
Conflict
Blank
Samantha
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

School Empty
PostSubject: School   School EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 pm

In high school? In college? What colleges? What are you majoring in? Etc.

I've been on a break for a while? I graduated high school but haven't started college yet. I'm planning on going to a community college and then eventually transferring out somewhere. I want to go into nursing or teaching or graphic designing... I'm leaning more towards nursing though.
Back to top Go down
Blank

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

In college at Rowan University. Majoring in Electrical Computer Engineering. College life is alright, I come home every weekend but sadly I have to stay this weekend (A lot of work and studying to do). Might check out the party scene for a bit of relaxing and whatnot after studying.
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I dropped out of High school and got my GED at 16. I applied for community college and got accepted but I never went. Right now i'm in the process of getting back into school and actually applying myself. I'm aiming for something in the Mental Health area or Teaching. Maybe nursing too.
Back to top Go down
NightHawk0085

NightHawk0085

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm in college at the moment for social studies teaching. I don't just want to teach though and I put myself in the middle of a very weird decision: I wanna be a football coach (wide receivers, all I really know) as well as a chess coach in h.s. (I already teach chess at an elementary school). Chess and football?? who does that? << this guy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm

I graduated from high school last year and I'm currently on a break and am starting in the fall to major in Psychology and I might get a minor in Languages. Not quite sure about that yet.
Back to top Go down
NightHawk0085

NightHawk0085

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:36 pm

languages.. i wanna learn a bunch: taking french now.. lets see... i can add Italian, Greek, Spanish (cuz i live in the U.S.), German and Latin to that.. would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Akurtz`

Akurtz`

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:58 am

Im stepping up this semester... i really messed up last.
im a sophomore btw
Back to top Go down
RacinPope46

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:55 pm

School? well i never really went to a real "school".... zoo maybe (brian will understand) lol. i went to Hammond High played varsity Football there. and the career center and worked on cars there. but i always worked a late model race teams and stuff, whitch is how i got to where i am currently.
Back to top Go down
Sherrasaur

Sherrasaur

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 am

School's probably all I'm really focusing on right now.
:] Sophomore in High School. I picked my classes for next year all ready.
I'm getting average grades, which is enough for me. The lowest grade I got was a D in...
Gym. But I would have passed it with a C if they didn't average our Gym grade with Driver's Ed.
Highest grade is my 91 in Biology right now.

I'm planning ahead for going to college to be in forensics and possibly Crime Scene Investigation.
It's really interesting, and seems like something I'd really enjoy doing.

Next year, I'll be taking Algebra 1, CP Language Arts 3, U.S. History 2, Earth Science, Physical Science, Horror/Suspense/SciFi Creative Writing, and Administration of Justice.
Alternatives if I don't get them, though, are Intro To Comp.//Pathways, and Floriculture.

Next year's gonna be rough, but I'm looking forward to it. :]
I REALLY want that Administration of Justice class.

If my schedule doesn't work out, I'm gonna give up early release senior year to go to VoTech, for Law Enforcement.

Very Happy Yay nerd-dom!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

@Sherra: Seems like you have a lot of good things in mind, that's good. I never really thought about my future too much when I was going through high school, especially my sophomore year and I should have. It's definitely better to think about those things sooner than later. I'm still not exactly 100% sure what I want to do with my life. I used to want to go into something that I know I'll really love for the rest of my life and I'd be extremely happy doing but now that the economy is so bad and everything... I just want to go into something that I know I'd be able to find a job in.

and that's really neat that you have a horror/suspense creative writing class, my school didn't have stuff like that. D:
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a Farmer and a Mailman. At the same time ^_^

Like Samantha said, I want a job that I know people will always need. Like a Doctor or something, because people aren't going to stay healthy forever or a teacher because there will always be a need for those jobs. Only problem is Med School is loooong and beign a teacher might suck cause I won't be able to stand little kids attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Blank

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:32 pm

I always knew I wanted to go to college but I focused on it during the beginning of Senior Year...

I messed up in high school, I "beat the system" as me and some people would say. Took academic classes my first two years and honors classes my last two years. No AP for me... I should have though, could have received a higher GPA and ranking... and get a feel for a big workload...

Not saying my GPA was bad or anything, had a 4.06, 31/543 class ranking, just thinking it could have better prepared me for college, not that I'm doing bad or anything, for now...
Back to top Go down
NightHawk0085

NightHawk0085

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Sherrasaur wrote:

Next year, I'll be taking Algebra 1, CP Language Arts 3, U.S. History 2, Earth Science, Physical Science, Horror/Suspense/SciFi Creative Writing, and Administration of Justice.
Alternatives if I don't get them, though, are Intro To Comp.//Pathways, and Floriculture.

Very Happy Yay nerd-dom!

Gotta say, I like Earth Science and some Physical Science. Took A.P. U.S. Hist in h.s. but I wish I took regular U.S. Hist.. Woulda saved me a lot of stress.
Back to top Go down
Sherrasaur

Sherrasaur

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:09 am

NightHawk0085 wrote:
Sherrasaur wrote:

Very Happy Yay nerd-dom!

Gotta say, I like Earth Science and some Physical Science. Took A.P. U.S. Hist in h.s. but I wish I took regular U.S. Hist.. Woulda saved me a lot of stress.

Definitely stressful...
Next year will be nothing but me freaking out about my schoolwork, I'm sure...
But I really want to get the grades now and have a head-start at college. :]

I took Physical Science freshman year, when I hated school, and failed it miserably.
:[
Back to top Go down
djkaiba

djkaiba

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 am

I graduated hs 5 years ago this year (wow it really doesn't feel like it's been that long). I went to college right away on a communications major but wasn't really ready for it. I ended up failing out. I can't help it that I likes the video games more than studying. It's my procrastination's fault. I've been trying to decide between Computer Programing (which would be difficult since I reaaaaaaallly suck at math) and continuing my communication major and getting into acting. Right now I am leaning towards the acting side and I am looking into web hosting programs (hopefully free ones but most of them cost a little bit though not much) so I can upload some voice work and get into voice acting. I figure it's a slow start and I can hopefully get involved in some fun anime projects ^_^. No matter what I'll deffinatly be going back to school so I can get a degree for one thing or another and have something to fall back on should the first not work out.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm in college. Right now, the plan is for a degree in Liberal Arts, with an emphasis on Writing. I'm at the community college right now, and I hope to transfer to the university since that's where my parents went, and I don't want to be a disappointment, so no pressure...heh. If I could have my dream job, I'd be writing and editing for Vogue Magazine, and living in New York. Or California, if they have a Vogue branch out there.

Unfortunately, that's unrealistic, so I'll probably have to start out small.
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:04 pm

katie_righ wrote:
I'm in college. Right now, the plan is for a degree in Liberal Arts, with an emphasis on Writing. I'm at the community college right now, and I hope to transfer to the university since that's where my parents went, and I don't want to be a disappointment, so no pressure...heh. If I could have my dream job, I'd be writing and editing for Vogue Magazine, and living in New York. Or California, if they have a Vogue branch out there.

Similar to me, I wanna emphasize on writing but lit based. More on the creative writing side, hopefully make a career out of writing novels or screenplays. Im currently going to CSULB, Steven Spielberg graduated from here. Albeit after he was famous lol.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 pm

R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:

Similar to me, I wanna emphasize on writing but lit based. More on the creative writing side, hopefully make a career out of writing novels or screenplays. Im currently going to CSULB, Steven Spielberg graduated from here. Albeit after he was famous lol.

Awesome. I hope to publish a book someday. When you say screenplays...do you mean like, as in movies? Honestly, I think it would be sweet to work on a movie set, like with special effects and what not. Theatrical cosmetology, I guess you would call it. I have so many things that I want to do....that's why I'm undecided. Everything sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
djkaiba

djkaiba

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 am

If I'm gonna be on a movie set, I want to be in the movie personally. I've always loved acting so to get into any form of it would be awsome.
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 am

katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:

Awesome. I hope to publish a book someday. When you say screenplays...do you mean like, as in movies? Honestly, I think it would be sweet to work on a movie set, like with special effects and what not. Theatrical cosmetology, I guess you would call it. I have so many things that I want to do....that's why I'm undecided. Everything sounds interesting.
Yea screenplays refer to movie scripts. Like Alfred Hitchcock said, "You need three things to make a good movie, a good script, a good script, and a good script". I talked to a guy who does documentaries and he told me its pretty damn tough to get a script picked up but its all about having a story. With that said i'm pretty confident I'll be able to do it, hopefully lol. On a movie set the thing I would take advantage of would be the hair stylists, free hair cuts!
Im just not sure whether I want to focus on a the "movie biz" first or try to get a something published.
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm kind of interested in becoming a Paralegal. My aunt is one and from what she's said it's not bad at all. Doesn't seem like it's overly complicated.
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am

School is tough. Sometimes you wonder if your good enough to compete with other students who are in a higher academic level than you are. You wonder if you can achieve something and be able to go out and find work after your done. I get afraid if I'll ever make it or won't. Sometimes I wanna give up because I'm not sure if I can do it. Not sure if my degree will be worth much when I graduate because of all the people who will also have degrees. Can I beat them?
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Now I'm not sure if I want to go into nursing or website design type stuff or just graphic design... gah, I hate how I change my mind when I think I'm finally set on something. Although, I guess I could kind of do both. It'd be cool to be a nurse but also make money on the side designing websites for people. I've already had people offer to give me money in the past to make them something as simple as a signature (ended up doing that for free though) and right now I have a band down in Monroe, Michigan asking me to design their band logo and stuff. But, unfortunately I'm without a computer right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Empty
PostSubject: Re: School   School Empty

Back to top Go down

School
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Pandora :: Life :: General-
Jump to: