Project Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Job

Go down 
+6
RacinPope46
Sherrasaur
R'
Tony
Blank
Shaimun
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaimun

Job Empty
PostSubject: Job   Job EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Where do you work? Do you like your job? Do you like your co-workers? and so on...

I work at Boscovs. It's a department store only located around the states in the east. It's a department store like Macy's.
I work in the suit department and I make commission so I attack customers to have them buy something. Some days, I have awesome days of selling and some days I have non-stellar selling days. I love my job and my co-workers. It was much more fun when my old manager was here but something happened and they fired him and then hired him back as a shoe salesman. At least I get to see him in the store. Our new manager gives us more work. I'm starting to get used to him and with the work I do, I gained his trust. So that's the job Shaimun does.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 am

Over the summer and a bit of winter break I worked at the Dollar Tree. Made shit pay but the job was not so hard (I have a knack for working the register even though I applied for stock). My managers were alright and most of my co-workers were cool, although I always got the feeling most didn't like me, meh, what can you do.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:58 am

Blank wrote:
...although I always got the feeling most didn't like me, meh, what can you do.

Stab them?
Back to top Go down
Blank

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 am

Tony wrote:
Blank wrote:
...although I always got the feeling most didn't like me, meh, what can you do.

Stab them?

They are more gangster than me and I'm not really gangster to begin with... Doubt I'll be working there this summer, unless I can't find a better job that is...
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:52 am

Currently jobless but had two jobs in the past, at a Radio Shack and just recently got laid off being front desk at a hotel.

The co workers at radio shack were really awesome and really made the job worth being at. At the hotel though I really didn't have any coworkers, it was a small hotel so whose ever shift it was had to run the whole show by their lonesome.
Back to top Go down
Sherrasaur

Sherrasaur

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:17 pm

applied through the school for a job at the shore wawa.
:]<3 hope to GOD i get it.

if not, i'm gonna try dunkin donuts or shoprite.
something that's not too hard, but also not too skimpy for pay.
Back to top Go down
RacinPope46

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 pm

werlp i work on racecars, i love the work. the coworkers are cool, we all look out for each other. the drivers an asshole. hes a bunch of wasted talent. daddy spent millions on the shop and the racecars and the traveling and everything he does for him, and he could care less.

i use to work at one of those quick oil change places. it was easy once you got to know everything, and the little tricks of the trade. a bad day tho ended with me being covered in sum type of oil, or having a couple burns from exhaust. winter really sucked, because you had cold snowy/icey covered cars coming into a building at 60 degrees and dripping wet all over you the whole 10 min you were under it. saturdays were the busiest days tho, i use to do 70 oil changes in a day, running 3 bays by myself. the people i worked with were awesome, bunch of stoners lol
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 pm

RacinPope46 wrote:
werlp i work on racecars, i love the work. the coworkers are cool, we all look out for each other. the drivers an asshole. hes a bunch of wasted talent. daddy spent millions on the shop and the racecars and the traveling and everything he does for him, and he could care less.

i use to work at one of those quick oil change places. it was easy once you got to know everything, and the little tricks of the trade. a bad day tho ended with me being covered in sum type of oil, or having a couple burns from exhaust. winter really sucked, because you had cold snowy/icey covered cars coming into a building at 60 degrees and dripping wet all over you the whole 10 min you were under it. saturdays were the busiest days tho, i use to do 70 oil changes in a day, running 3 bays by myself. the people i worked with were awesome, bunch of stoners lol

Man your job sounds really fun.
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 am

I work at a property management company as the assistant maintenance guy, but my hours got cut wayy back and i'm lucky to work two days a week now.
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Unemployed. I think that says it all. HOWEVER. I do have a job in the works as Security.
Back to top Go down
RacinPope46

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:57 am

it was fun lol. they closed the doors friday. two days before my birthday, hell of a present lol. anyways, im moving back to indiana, and looking at my options from there. so we'll see
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 4:12 pm

my uncle told me that my cousin says he could possibly get me summer job working at a cereal factory. sure, making honey bunches of oats isn't exactly my ideal way to spend summer, but it's $26 an hour. hmmmm............
Back to top Go down
Tony

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 pm

katie_righ wrote:
sure, making honey bunches of oats isn't exactly my ideal way to spend summer, but it's $26 an hour. hmmmm............

Holy fuckballs! Can you get me a job, too??
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 pm

katie_righ wrote:
my uncle told me that my cousin says he could possibly get me summer job working at a cereal factory. sure, making honey bunches of oats isn't exactly my ideal way to spend summer, but it's $26 an hour. hmmmm............

Damn. That's just not fair.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Ugh, people with connections have it so easy. -_-
Back to top Go down
Blank

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:25 pm

Connections don't pull through sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

Samantha wrote:
Ugh, people with connections have it so easy. -_-

This whole world is all about networking. It is about having connections. If you don't have any, go and make some. All you have to do is really make friends with people who are in higher places than you. Hence giving you friends in high places who can throw a ladder down for ya.
Back to top Go down
RacinPope46

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:46 pm

ya, connections have a lot to do with the work place world. thats what im using currently to try and find work back home agiain.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't have any connections and I'm super shy when meeting new people, ugh. I'm trying to break out of my shell, though. I had a job interview at Pizza Sams, the manager said he just hired 5 people and wanted them to get used to what they're supposed to do and then he would call me back in a week or two. Other than that I've applied pretty much all over and no one has really called me back yet. I had an interview at a place that would have involved me taking care of elderly people but the other people who were interviewed actually did stuff like that before so of course they hired the people with all the experience over me. D:
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:42 pm

I picture myself being an annoying corporate guy in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job   Job Empty

Back to top Go down

Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Pandora :: Life :: General-
Jump to: